The rules for Jodrell Bank Angling Club. Please read and be observant of the rules.
We operate a three strikes and out policy.
First offence – warning
Second offence – Final warning
Third offence – Removal of card without refund
However, if you break more than one rule on your first offence then that will be considered a second offence and a Final warning
- Members fishing do so at their own risk and on the understanding that the Club accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or injury to persons or property.
- Club officials to be allowed to check a members club cards relevant EA licence and to inspect rigs in use.
- Any person fishing the waters must hold the relevant E.A. licence.
- Members to have on their person at all times the club card with photo and EA licence.(without a photo it is not valid)
- Members will be asked to leave if they do not produce their valid club card and licence when asked by a club official.
- Members should only park cars at the place provided and make room for their fellow members.
- Members to make sure all gates are closed properly after entry and exit and be respectful of the landowners fields and crops.
- The use of radios permitted on the clear understanding as not to cause annoyance to fellow members and that the volume must be kept to the minimum so that fellow members enjoy the peace and quiet whilst fishing.
- Only one rod/pole to be used at anytime on any of the club’s waters.
- No angler’s baited rods to be left unattended.
- Barbless hooks to be used at all times, barbed hooks are strictly forbidden including whisker barbed.
- The maximum hook size to be used to be no larger than a size 10.
- No braided line to be used on any club waters.
- No Keepnets allowed from the 15th of march til the 16th of June.If using keepnets to make sure they are well placed in the water and fish to be returned after four hours.Strictly no fish weighing more than 3lb to be kept in keepnets.
- For safety reasons, alcohol, narcotics and non prescription drugs of any kind are not permitted on our waters. Members found to be under the influence of such, in contravention of our rule, will face a lifetime ban.
- Members must not interfere in any way with other anglers fishing this to include casting across fishing lines and others swims.
- Members to carry and use an unhooking mat to avoid damaging larger fish.
- The stalking of fish is permitted but must not interrupt another members swim.
- Fishing permitted from sunrise to one hour after sunset.
- The use of live & dead baits, spinners & lures strictly prohibited
- Boilies to be used as hook bait only. No loose feeding of boilies. A maximum of 1kilo of ground bait or pellets to be used in any session. Please use your common sense and do not over feed.
- No fixed legering allowed, only free running or x-safe system
- Please ensure that the water and the surrounding areas, the fish, the wildlife, and fellow members are treated with the utmost respect.
- No lighting of fires
- No tins allowed on any waters all bait to be in plastic containers/bait tubs.
- All litter to be cleared from a members peg during fishing and all litter to be taken home.The club will not tolerate any litter being left behind by members.
- Any member having been found guilty by the Committee of bringing Jodrell Bank Angling Club into disrepute shall be instantly expelled without refund. This shall include, but is not limited to, confrontation with our bailiffs and water owners either face to face or via Social media sites.